If you regularly use RWW to access your computer on a Windows Domain then you may notice the website now only gives you the option to access your email system.
The button that used to give you access to the list of computers available has gone.
The screen looks similar to this:
This could be the result of an “upgrade” pushed out by Microsoft to their Internet Explorer (IE). IE11, the latest version, seems to be incompatible with RWW.
However, you have to use IE in order to access RWW, as it won’t work correctly with other browsers.
To resolve the issue:
1. Ensure that you are using Internet Explorer
2. Browse to the RWW website as usual, but don’t sign in yet.
3. Press the “Alt” button on your keyboard (usually to the left of the Space Bar), which should show a menu at the top of the browser screen
4. Click Tools / Compatibility View Settings to see this box:
5. Click the “Add” button. Click Close.
6. Sign in to RWW again to see the button has reappeared:
7. You must now add this website to your “Trusted Sites” in IE. On the menu click Tools/Internet Options. On the screen that appears click the Security tab, highlight the Trusted Sites icon and click the “Sites” button.
8. You should see this screen, click the “Add” button:
9. Click “Close” then “OK” and you can use the “Connect to a Computer” button.
10. You may then see this screen, to which you need to click “Connect”
|Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter|
|The IT Dept offers computer support services in Lancashire, including Monthly On-Site or Remote Support Contracts; Secure Online Data Backup; Domain Hosting; Server and Desktop Sales; Software Supply & Installation. We cover all of Lancashire, including Chorley, Preston, Blackburn, Darwen, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool, etc.|
|© Michael Donkin 2013|